Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gravity

It's been a long time since God has spoken to me in my dreams, but last night, I had a dream in which I saw many of the action movies I have watched replayed in high speed: Rambo, James Bond, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clint Eastwood, Jason Stratham, Jet Li, etc. flipping, fighting, shooting.

And God said, "Why do they call these sinful men heroes?"

"I don't know, why?"

And rather than answer my question, He said the most profound statement I've ever heard, well at least since the last time He spoke to me. It's still rattling in my brain with all its implications. He said, "Your sin is like gravity; it keeps you tied to the Earth."

I woke pondering repentantly. Sin is like gravity. It makes you fall. It keep you tied to Earthly things rather than eternal things. The only way to overcome gravity is with a force external to ourselves. It's impossible for us to do it on our own. And Jesus who never sinned ascended to heaven from the Mount of Olives--just up and floated away.

My explanations do little to bring justice to the profundity of the statement, so I'll just leave it as He said it:

Your sin is like gravity; it keeps you tied to the Earth.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...