Friday, November 11, 2011

8 Ways to Be a True Friend


In the world of Facebook and Twitter, we have a lot of “friends” these days, but what does friendship really mean?

This life would be a lonely road if it weren’t for friends.  They bring us joy, comfort, love, and more, and I imagine you would be hard pressed to find someone who could honestly say they didn’t want a true friend in their life.

In fact we have a lot of ideas about what a friend ought to be like, which usually gets boiled down to something selfish like “they’ll always be there for me when I need them,” but have you ever heard anyone say something like, “I’d really like a friend who needs me even when it’s inconvenient.”  That’s why Jesus says the second greatest commandment is to love others as we love ourselves because otherwise we could never truly know friendship as God designed it.

With all that in mind, you can find 8 Ways to Be a True Friend straight from scripture in this week's Proverbs and Wisdom post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your thought, “I’d really like a friend who needs me even when it’s inconvenient.” Yet our Lord finds time for us anytime we seek him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...