Friday, December 16, 2011

Love Overflows


I find myself talking about my wife and son a lot when I’m away from them.  I talk about the things my wife has done for me, how proud I am of her in her job, and how much I pray that God would heal her completely though we are so grateful that He did heal her partially.  I talk about my two-year old son and his accomplishments: new words he’s learning, new skill sets he’s developing, and even the tantrums he throws when he’s frustrated. 

I talk about them because I love them, and it’s like Jesus says . . .


Read the rest of the article on this week Proverbs and Wisdom: Love Overflows 


Featured Non Profit


This month a Christian non-profit that is worthy of support is being featured every post until Christmas.  The criteria for being featured are that they bring glory to God, they are financially accountable, and finally they must have a mission that includes one of the following: reach the lost, empower believers, or help those in need in the name of Jesus Christ.


Today's featured non-profit is The World Race.

The world race is a journey to 11 countries in 11 months to serve "the least of these" while amongst real and raw Christian community. It facilitates discipleship through the process of discovering into the abundant life He promised.  It takes 21-35 year olds out of their comfort zones and gives them exposure to what God is doing in the world before they commit to the American dream. Because it's not about them; it’s not about you; it's about the Kingdom.

A good friend of mine just got back from the race a few months ago, and she met with God in ways she hadn't imagined possible.  

The World Race asks each racer to raise a year's worth of support that includes their travel, lodging, and basic needs.  The cost is different for each race, but it's about $15,000 a person, which isn't too bad considering it covers an entire year.  If you're going to support the World Race, I'd recommend finding a racer to support.  You can find a list of upcoming racers here.  

Click on a name, go to their blog, and select "Support" to give your donation.

You can view the video below for more information:

1 comment:

http://peacefulones.blogspot.com said...

One of the great benefits about thinking and talking about your family when you are traveling is the safety net such inner and outer speech creates.

Knowing you're in love with your wife and son sends a "hands off" signal - and I'm SO grateful my husband does the same. I feel cherished and protected by his kind and deliberate speaking of our love.

Thanks for this reminder. I'll have to tell him how proud I am of his work, too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...