Friday, February 3, 2012

When God Sings Over You


I had an amazing revelation about God and that verse in Zephaniah that says, “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing” in choir practice last night, but it requires some explanation of how I found myself in the choir in the first place, so this post is going to be a little longer than my usual. 

The story starts with my wife:

I remember the first time I heard my wife sing, long before I had ever even considered dating, much less marrying her.  I was friends with her brother and was visiting with him when this amazing soprano voice and piano accompaniment filled the house.  I remember rolling my eyes and saying, “does your sister have to play her CDs so loud?” 

He smiled with some pride in his eyes and replied, “That’s her.  She’s singing.”

I stopped complaining and listened in awe.

But then my wife got sick . . . Read the rest of the article on today's Proverbs and Wisdom.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...